Here are some items I thought it would be nice to see the U.S. try and adopt:
- All the toilets had 2 flushes: One half flush, and one full flush. This was to try and save water when possible.
- Their public bathrooms all had the hand blow dryers so that paper towels weren't being wasted. They were usually the real strong blow dryers that don't stay on long either.
- The hotels require that you use your room key to turn on the electricity in your room.
- Every plug outlet has a switch for it. You can have so many things plugged into the outlets, but the only ones that will work are the ones that have the switch turned on.
- They had free trolleys and free shuttles around the city and at the airports! I must research to see if they have this in the Bay Area.
- They had recycling cans almost everywhere right next to the "rubbish" bins. I have yet to see that truly get implemented here.