Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's Official

We have the ratified contract. We are now starting the the journey towards closing escrow and becoming homeowners. I am slowly starting to freak out about how much debt we are going to be in for a few months. It hurts, but this is going to be one of the best investments we could ever make. I freak out every now and then thinking about how we're going to make it, but you know, God allowed us to get the house for a great bargain, so there has to be a reason right? We'll make it through. Now it's time to tell the girls that I may be slowly moving out in about a month.

*sigh* This is going to be tough, but I couldn't ask for a better person to go through all this with.

Sunday, February 24, 2008


I dreamt that the Hayward agent called us to meet with him about the builders response to our offer. When we got there, he proceeded to tell us that they didn't accept our offer but they counter offered with $475. We looked at each other, and then said, we'll take it. Then I woke up.

Most of my dreams tend to be like a pathway to the future because they usually come true. But in this case, I think I may have dreamt what I wanted to come true.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Offers Galore

Okay, so we made our very first real estate offer. This is definitely not going to be the last offer we ever make. I hope we do a lot more to reach our dream home. We made a really low offer to our Hayward choice, which I knew that it would be rejected, but there's no harm in trying. Also, our low offer gives them the flexibility to counter offer and we can work things out to reach the best deal for us both. However, we don't know what the builders are looking for, so they can just flat out reject our offer without giving a counter offer. Somehow I don't think so though because they'll see we actually got pre-approved for a lot more, so that should show them we have a lot more flexibility. I don't know. I've never done this before. It's a learning process for both of us. I must admit though that I was sad when I actually heard that our offer could get rejected. It's one thing to know that it most likely won't be accepted, but it's another to actually hear it. I really don't know what it is, but that home feels like the right one for now. I do like the place. Granted, it's not a place to raise a family because the school district sucks, but hopefully by then we would've saved enough to be able to move out of that area and into a better one.

All I know is that for the past week or so, I've decided to put this decision in God's hands. If it is really meant to be for us to take Hayward, then our offer will go through, or at least the counter offer will be something in our range. We set a max price, so we'll see what happens. God will show us which is best for us. If we're not meant to be there, this process won't turn out right. Maybe He'll point us more towards Ardenwood. This is a very big decision, and as much analyzing and freaking out that we do (well me, because he doesn't freak out, it's only me) that isn't enough. It's also what God thinks will be best for us for the near future. What if He knows that we won't be able to move out of Hayward before we start a family? He may point us towards Ardenwood. Or if He knows things will work out okay, he'll allow Hayward to go well.

I'm rambling on now. I don't care. This is just something that's very important and will affect our future. It was just very cute when Ira rubbed my belly today and mentioned what if we have a baby and can't move out? That mini little gesture made me really happy and I just know that whatever the hardships, God will pull us through.

Thursday, February 21, 2008


I'm sad because Thrice is currently playing at the Fillmore and I'm not there to see them. Right now! They're starting their concert. Waaaa! The tickets are only $20. I have to see them. They're coming again in May. I must see them. I must. I have been wanting to see them in concert for sooooo long.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Growing up

I'm becoming very nervous about our appointment on Saturday. I've got to be strong. I must not give in. Things are going to come into play. I want to go there at night to see what the area is like at night. I mean, if that's where I'm going to live, it would be nice to see what it's like at night right? Hmmm. I'm becoming very nervous. God has a plan. He really does. If it's meant to be that we stay in Hayward, then they will give in to our offer. It will come through for us.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cultural Barrier I was out trying to find bridesmaid dresses with Ira's sisters and we came across a cultural/language barrier, and I almost feel like it really wasn't one. We went into a bridal store run by some asian ladies. His sister asked if she can try on a few dresses. The first question was, "Are you going to by the dress today?" Well, we don't know yet. That's why we're going to try it on, see if we like it. All of a sudden, it was like she shut us out from the start. "Well, I don't see why you want to try it on then if you're not going to buy it today." I mean, those were not the exact words, but really, how is it that she automatically assumed that trying on something meant we would buy the dresses right then and there? Eventually, since the conversation kept going back and forth with us saying, "well that's why we want to try it. We don't know if we're going to like it yet." And her shutting us out, "why try it on if you're not going to buy it today..." So we ended up just leaving because it was so frustrating. At first we thought it could have been a cultural/language barrier, but I kind of don't think so. I think it was just plain rudeness. Well, maybe it's in their culture to buy something without trying it on first. I'm not sure....all I know is that it was pretty shocking and irritating...

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Yay! I'm excited!

This may be short for now, but I'm really excited. We're going to get pre-approved today. Our hold at the Hayward place got extended. We decided that place will be our last resort, and we shouldn't just settle for Hayward. If they can get the price down to the $400's, then we're going to take it. So we're going to find out how desperate they are.

The places in Fremont are really nice, so we're going to go see those older homes after we get pre-approved. Tita Lea sent us about 17 older listings of homes available in Fremont. The one we really like has 8 offers already. We're not really sure how that happened since the market sucks, so we're going to ask her why they have that many offers.

Also, I'm excited about this season of American Idol. I don't know why, I just think there's a lot more talent that the previous years. We're going to start a poll at work again like last season.

AND I'm excited because I got a 1593 in Virus Buster!!! Hell yea!

Time to finish getting ready. Gotta look pretty for pre-approval. hahaha.

Saturday, February 9, 2008


It's so hard for me to keep track on my priorities right now. Especially when they're all very important and life changing.

Let's see the issues I seem to be having:

  • I understand that I need to focus on the process of buying a house first, but every now and then I can't help myself from looking for a place to have my wedding next year. It's peak wedding time, and I know that we have to book a place and photographer way in advance, which is why I seem to find myself looking every now and then. BUT that means putting a down on the wedding place and photographer, meaning less money to be able to put for the downpayment of our house. Hence the reason why I need to stay focused on the house first.
  • I also understand that buying a house is very important and should never be rushed or settled on. We end up seeing a place, but there's something wrong with it, yet ever now and then it feels like I'm rushing the process to find a home. I seem to find myself really liking certain houses that either:
    • Is too expensive
    • Has a tandem garage (which seems to be the latest fad now, which is stupid...)
    • Not a good location
I need to relax and stop thinking that we're going to miss out on a good deal or good place because the market is so good right now.

Thank goodness I have him to bring me back to reality and calm me down. I mean, I'm not stressed, at least I don't feel like I am. I just can't focus on the house first all the time, and assure myself that the right first house will come. There is no need for me to worry about that.