Saturday, February 23, 2008

Offers Galore

Okay, so we made our very first real estate offer. This is definitely not going to be the last offer we ever make. I hope we do a lot more to reach our dream home. We made a really low offer to our Hayward choice, which I knew that it would be rejected, but there's no harm in trying. Also, our low offer gives them the flexibility to counter offer and we can work things out to reach the best deal for us both. However, we don't know what the builders are looking for, so they can just flat out reject our offer without giving a counter offer. Somehow I don't think so though because they'll see we actually got pre-approved for a lot more, so that should show them we have a lot more flexibility. I don't know. I've never done this before. It's a learning process for both of us. I must admit though that I was sad when I actually heard that our offer could get rejected. It's one thing to know that it most likely won't be accepted, but it's another to actually hear it. I really don't know what it is, but that home feels like the right one for now. I do like the place. Granted, it's not a place to raise a family because the school district sucks, but hopefully by then we would've saved enough to be able to move out of that area and into a better one.

All I know is that for the past week or so, I've decided to put this decision in God's hands. If it is really meant to be for us to take Hayward, then our offer will go through, or at least the counter offer will be something in our range. We set a max price, so we'll see what happens. God will show us which is best for us. If we're not meant to be there, this process won't turn out right. Maybe He'll point us more towards Ardenwood. This is a very big decision, and as much analyzing and freaking out that we do (well me, because he doesn't freak out, it's only me) that isn't enough. It's also what God thinks will be best for us for the near future. What if He knows that we won't be able to move out of Hayward before we start a family? He may point us towards Ardenwood. Or if He knows things will work out okay, he'll allow Hayward to go well.

I'm rambling on now. I don't care. This is just something that's very important and will affect our future. It was just very cute when Ira rubbed my belly today and mentioned what if we have a baby and can't move out? That mini little gesture made me really happy and I just know that whatever the hardships, God will pull us through.

No comments: