Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Faith

Lately I've been thinking about so many things and my faith has been questioned. I mean, I still pray and talk to God, but I have been questioning what I believe a lot lately. Honestly, its freaked me out a bit too.

Here are just a few questions and observations I've come to:

How do people know their religion is the right one? The truth is, you really don't. It just falls back on faith and truly believing that your God(s) are there. I've talked to a few people about this and a close friend of mine told me that its just whether I want to have God as my Savior or not and having faith in Him.

I've noticed how science and religion are sort of coming together too. All the natural events that keep happening and how it correlates to what the Bible says will happen before God comes. Earthquakes, war, sinkholes, etc. But how do I know that it'll end and God will come? What if the earth just blows up or freezes over because of the ozone? I guess we won't know until something happens. Frankly, it all scares me. Mainly because of how its going to end (supposedly). Its not peaceful. At all. Is that too much for me to ask for? A peaceful ending. The only way I can calm down is through prayer. That's one thing I have not questioned. Prayer has power. I pray all the time.

I just keep thinking about how I'm not ready to leave this world. There's so much for me to experience and see. Parts of the world, have my husbands baby, raise a family...so much more. But I know I'm just being selfish. Its something I have to get over personally. With all this questioning, I still find myself believing God does exist and He's watching over me. I just have to find a way to truly have my faith in Him at 100%. If God feels I'm ready or not, then so be it. I just have to live life now and enjoy it. Live life the way He wants me to. There is so much more to look forward to in Heaven. Until I can fully feel that way, I don't think I'll be ready.

Its easier said than done...

No comments: