Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Creative Inc

I got to see Meg Mateo Ilasco and Joy Cho at the Creative Inc. launch party in San Francisco. They held it at Candystore Collective, a very cute clothing store with even cuter cards and paper. They even had this whole wall dedicated to plants in canvas bags filled with dirt. Loved it.
Both their websites and design work really inspire me. Their book, Creative Inc, is a great book for anyone thinking about starting up their own freelancing business. It goes through what you should expect as you begin your business, and tips on how to succeed. There are various interviews with different freelancers on what their business is like, why they decided to go down that path, and much more. This book now has a spot in my purse all the time.

 They had champagne and mini cupcakes from Mission Minis. They had some fabulous cupcakes too. The Cinnamon Horchata was pretty good.

I'm very glad I got to meet them.

No comments: