Wednesday, January 9, 2008

How I Miss The Old Days...

I was driving home today from work, listening to my iPod on shuffle (I have no radio right now because I don't know the code to unlock it) and the song "Wildfire" by Michael Martin Murphy came on, and it completely took me back to the old days. The days when we used to go on family trips every year to Vegas, Disneyland, Concord, Monterey, etc. and just listen to the same songs on repeat. Or when we'd repeatedly sing old Filipino songs until we fell asleep in the car. Driving around in Uncle Jerry's honker of a van, laughing and eating, and listening to songs like "Wildfire" and "Footloose", country music, oldies, anything! Just going around, creating great family memories. What happened? We all grew up, went our own ways... Things are different now, and I wish they weren't sometimes. I mean, don't get me wrong...I love my life now. Everything is going great, regardless of the bad that comes up here and there. I still have my family, and I still spend time with my family and friends. (Although I really miss Mama & Papa) But I do miss those family vacations, and knowing that I really had no care in the world, and had no idea how bad this world can be. *sigh* The things that come up when you grow up...

My 3rd birthday with my fav. boys & sister. =)

No comments: