Thursday, January 17, 2008

Prayer at the Gym

So here's something random, yet calming and respectful to me. I was at the gym a couple of weeks ago, and as I was suffering from side twists, I noticed that there is a guy at the corner doing stretches. All of a sudden, he stops and kneels to pray. He is literally there in the middle of the gym on his mat, just praying. Eyes closed, hands folded at the chest, somber look and everything. I thought, "wow, that is so amazing." What's even more amazing to me is that he continued to pray for what seems like a good 5 minutes. I was such a shock to me that I just stopped working out to stare. It really amazes me at how rare it is to see someone pray in public, yet it is a very calming feeling to me whenever it is seen. I really do respect that guy for doing it. I saw him again today at the gym, but I didn't get the privilege of seeing him pray. I think it wasn't time. Although he was in the exact same spot in the gym. I wonder what religion he is...

No comments: